DIY Minion Pumpkin Tutorial
Atlas was so happy to arrive to a couple of minion pumpkins during our Fall Ft. Worth trip to grandma and grandpa's house. The minions were grandma's awesome idea, and brought to life by the most creative talents of my husband's Uncle Larry ! They are so cute that I had to share a short tutorial for how to create the perfect Minion pumpkins this Halloween. Also how cute are they with his minion P.J.s. These are made with faux pumpkins, so will last you for many future Halloween's to come! With less than two weeks left before the spooky holiday, I hope you and your little titan can plan a fun afternoon creating your own set of minion pumpkins!
Materials: Available at Michael's
Two 9" White Craft Pumpkins
Yellow acrylic paint
Blue acrylic paint
Black acrylic paint
White acrylic paint
Fine point paint brush
Three medicine bottle caps
Royal blue & black sharpie
1. First, paint entire pumpkin with yellow acrylic paint until white pumpkin is no longer visible. 2. Let pumpkins dry over night.
3. Stencil overalls onto pumpkins with a pencil and then paint in with blue acrylic paint.
4. Stencil goggles and mouth onto pumpkins with a pencil and then paint in with black acrylic paint. Let overalls, mouth and googles dry.
5. With a fine point paint brush, draw on overall details and 'G' for Gru logo with black acrylic paint.
6. With a fine point paint brush, draw on teeth with white acrylic paint. Leave a little bit of space between each tooth to give your minions their minion like character.
7. Paint pumpkin stem black and let dry.
8. While pumpkins are drying work on putting together the eyes. Cut out white card-stock to fit into the center of the inner medicine cap. Draw on eye balls with black and blue sharpie, make eyeballs only 1/4" wide. Glue card stock into center of medicine cap.
9. Once pumpkins are dry, hot glue medicine caps onto black goggles.
10. Enjoy your minions with your little titan!
Save For Later On Pinterest And Follow Us Here
We lost an eye ball half way through our little photo op! If anyone has a suggestion for a stronger glue to use, let me know in the comments section. Happy almost Halloween and thank you for our minions Uncle Larry!
Until our next adventure,
A Titan's Mother