Our August mom story feature's Senior Cad Artist for Sharon Young Inc. , Fatima Perez, and her beautiful daughter Elena. Photos are courtesy of Fatima and her family during Elena's Peppa Pig 3rd Birthday Party. I had the pleasure of meeting Fatima early in my career and I can honestly say she is one of the most caring and talented individuals I have ever met. Both mother and daughter have a certain femininity about them that is so refreshing and beautiful. I am so excited to share these beautiful photos of Elena's Peppa Pig Party and some inspiring words from Fatima's mom story!
Titan Mother Interview:
Name: Fatima Perez
Children: Elena Perez
Location: Dallas, TX
Career: Mother and Senior Cad Artist for Sharon Young Inc. 'A la Carte' label
Education: Studied Fashion and Textiles at Texas Women's University
1. Your daughter Elena just turned 3 and your photos represent a special bond between you and your daughter. What would you say is your most favorite part about being a new mother?
My most favorite part about being a new mother is discovering the joy in the simpler things in life. Call it a cliché or not, but holidays are more fun now. I like going trick-or-treating and baking Christmas treats a lot more; I even like preparing Easter eggs. Elena has certainly changed me; I feel like she has brought out the best in me. I guess that’s what being a mother is all about, positive change and developing your maternal instincts.
2. We absolutely love the Peppa Pig birthday party you put together for Elena's 3rd birthday. Can you tell us a little bit about Peppa Pig and the inspiration behind the party? I had a lot of fun planning Elena’s Peppa Pig birthday party. Peppa Pig is a British cartoon character; she has a little brother named George, and her parents are Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig. Elena loves Peppa Pig, so that’s why I was inspired to make Peppa Pig a part of her celebration. My goal was to place Peppa in a subtle way so that the party had a soft and sweet feel. I think I accomplished that with special details like fresh flowers, lace, and softer colors.
3. The style you portray in the way you dress your daughter is very feminine and beautiful! How would you describe your style and where does your inspiration come from when dressing her? I would definitely describe my style to be feminine; but I do like variety and Elena’s wardrobe is a reflection of that. You can find all the colors of the rainbow in her closet and a mixture of styles. Just like there are girly fun dresses, you can come across some bohemian corky pieces and even some rock edgier ones, like a cute skull tee shirt or red cowboy boots for example. I just like to keep it fun when dressing her.
4. You hold a degree in fashion and textiles and are now a Senior CAD Artist for Sharon Young Inc. in Dallas, TX. Can you share some words of wisdom for working moms and how you juggle a career and a growing toddler? Although I do love what I do, and my job is very important, Elena will always be my top priority. It’s easy to get caught up in everyday life; so my advice to working moms is to remind yourself that spending time with your child (or children) is the most important job you have. I try to cherish every moment of her life, even if it’s just watching her sleep, playing house, or reading a book to her. Kids grow up so fast, you hear that everywhere; but once you find yourself there, you realize it is so true.
5. What would you say has been your greatest adventure created so far with your little titan? My greatest adventure created so far with my little Titan has been her 3rd birthday party. This year she was more aware of what her birthday party is all about. She had a lot of fun with all the kids, and was very excited with the love and attention she received. I absolutely love celebrating her birthday because I am truly grateful to have her in my life; and to know she really enjoyed herself brings me joy as well as a sense of pride.
That concludes our mom interview with Fatima Perez, and I want to personally thank her for letting me share her story on The Titan Adventures! I love getting to know the personal style of each mother, and the sweetness of this story is one of my favorites.
Until our next adventure,
A Titan's Mother