Go Ahead & Share The Love
It's finally February and the little titan and I are getting super excited for Valentines Day here on The Titan Adventures! We baked some super easy cherry filled heart pies this past weekend and are sharing our recipe for you and your little ones to try. These are really fun to make and are super simple. I am not ashamed to admit that I'm not a very good cook, and so I'm using pre-made ingredients to make these little pies.
My favorite pie crust is Pillsbury's pre-made pie crust found in the dairy section. We use this pie crust for chicken pot pie, apple pie and small pastries. The dough is so easy to cut with cookie cutters, and it rolls out right there on your cutting board. Pillsbury's pie crust allows me and my little titan to enjoy the fun of making these sweet little pies. Little clean up and no preparation needed!
See our below instructions and ingredients to make these cute little pies this Valentines Day!
1 can lucky leaf cherry pie filling
1 box Pillsbury pie crust
1/2 stick of butter
Sugar for dusting
(That's all you guys!)
Steps for Pie Making :
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Roll out pie crust onto cutting board (and you don't have to flour the surface).
3. Take your favorite heart cookie cutter and cut out as many hearts from the dough as you can.
4. Fill one side of your heart with the cherry filling.
5. Place your other side of the heart on top, and press the sides together with a fork. Don't worry if the cherry filling comes out from the sides, mine did!
6. Once you get all of your pies made place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. I didn't do this and had some trouble getting the pies of the pan even though I greased it first.
7. Cut a small slit on top of the pies so they can breath while cooking.
8. Melt your butter and then with a pastry brush, brush some butter on top of the pies. (Mmmmm so good, this is my favorite part.)
9. Have your little titan cover your pies with sugar. (This was his favorite part!)
10. Cook your pies for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
We had so much fun making these and they were delicious! Atlas kept putting his fingers in the cherry pie filling which was hilarious! We ended up having a tea party later that day with our delicious pies. Coming later this month I will be sharing our tea party pictures and tips for some mom and son date night ideas. Stay tuned and I hope you get the chance to make some pies with your little ones this month!
Atlas's hair is a little funky in these photos, so please excuse us. It's on my to do list to get his hair cut this week. I actually love when it gets long because I can finally run my fingers through his hair like when he was a little boy. He's getting so big at just 3 it hurts! Happy February and we'll see you soon on The Titan Adventures!