This coming weekend is Memorial Day and many of us have Monday off to remember and honor those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms; our honorable warriors and their families. As a daughter of a veteran, Memorial Day and Veterans Day are very important holidays to my family and I wanted to take a moment to personally say thank you to all our U.S. Veterans.
If you are looking for a way to celebrate our Veterans this coming weekend, I have put together a list of 5 things to do in North Houston this Memorial Day Weekend.
1. Celebration & Fireworks Show @ Town Green Park, The Woodlands - Beginning at 6:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday, May 28th & May 29th The Woodlands, TX is hosting a celebration and fireworks show to honor our fallen Veterans. There will be live music, games and activities for kids, face painting, balloons and a fireworks show starting at approximately 8:55 on both nights. Visit The Woodlands Township Event Page for more information.
2. Memorial Day Brunch @ Fieldings Local Kitchen, The Woodlands- Fieldings in The Woodlands is hosting a Memorial Day Brunch from 9:00 - 3:00 on Monday May 31st. I have never been to Fieldings but their Menu looks delicious and I am dying to try on of their brioche sticky buns and a foamy cappuccino. Sounds lovely right now! Space is limited so they recommend calling ahead to make a reservation. Visit their website for more information here.
3. Visit Montgomery County War Memorial Park- Located in downtown Conroe is the Montgomery County War Memorial Park which was dedicated to those who served the United States by President General Ford. They may be holding ceremonies here on Monday, so I would plan to visit on Saturday or Sunday. Or call the park office to ask about services on Monday. Visit the website here for more information.
4. While in North Houston, grab pizza at the Red Brick Tavern- This one isn't really related to Memorial Day, but while you are planning your day in North Houston stop and have lunch at the Red Brick Tavern in Conroe, TX. It is our favorite pizza place in North Houston and our little photo op here was taken in downtown Conroe on our way to grab pizza. I love the American heritage feel of downtown Conroe with all the brick and history. We stopped at Shepard's Barber Shop to take some red, white and blue photos and they turned out so cute!
5. Host a Memorial Day barbecue at home- If you don't really feel like heading out this weekend, host a barbecue at home for friends and family. Pick up a cooler, hamburgers and hot dogs, and some American flags to celebrate our Veterans.
No matter what you do this weekend, take a moment to remember our hero's and better yet thank a Veteran if you get the chance.
For those of you wondering about my Memorial Day outfit I have linked the details below. I am in love with this skirt from Downeast Basics. If you haven't seen some of their new pieces yet definitely check them out. I love their clothes, nice quality and they are so affordable. I will be wearing this navy stripe sailor skirt all summer long. FYI I am wearing a size small and it is a little snug around the waist, I should have ordered a medium.
You guys, these red shoes! I can't say enough about them. I love a low block heel and the color of these shoes is the perfect shade of red. You won't normally find me wearing a statement shoe, but when I saw these I had to have them. They are from Lulus and I have linked them below. The best part is they are under $26.00 ladies and totally worth every penny! I would have paid more for them they are that good.
I hope you have a great Memorial Day Weekend with your families and please take a moment to remember our Veterans this coming Monday.