The biggest sale of the year starts this Thursday July 14th ! It's the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and I'm making a list of all the Fall pieces Atlas and I need for the coming season. This will be my first time to shop the sale, and if it's your first time as well there are a couple of things you need to know to make the most out of your first experience.
1. About the Sale- This sale is different from any other sale because it's when Nordstrom marks down all new Fall merchandise. When I think of a typical sale I think of out of season styles and colors the store is trying to get rid of to make room for new merchandise. The Nordstrom anniversary sale is totally different, it is a sale on new pieces, new colors, available in all sizes for purchase. A shoppers dream!
2. Early Access Sale- In order to shop the early access sale which starts this Thursday July 14th you must be a Nordstrom credit or debit card holder. If you don't have one you can apply here. I personally prefer not to use credit cards so I will be applying for the debit card which has the same benefits as a credit card holder but draws the funds directly from your bank account!
3. Card Holder Benefits- As a debit or credit card holder there are many benefits including the Nordstrom Notes which is like a reward system. You earn points as you shop and every 2,000 points earns you a $20.00 note. Throughout the year Nordstrom holds special bonus points events where cardholders earn six points per dollar for triple points events. You can learn more about the benefits of being a card member here.
4. Make a List- I've heard the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale can be very overwhelming so I recommend deciding on a budget and making a list of your ultimate wants before shopping. To get started I suggest taking a look at your closet to determine what you need for Fall and begin making a list! Perhaps a new coat, a new pair of boots, or some new fall trousers! I'm getting excited for all the layers just thinking about it! Once you have an idea of what your looking for, you can then preview the Nordstrom women's catalog here to start selecting pieces you want to fill your closet with this Fall. If you are shopping for your husband as well here is the men's catalog.
5. Sale Schedule- If your new to shopping the sale, it's really important to understand the schedule! The early access sale begins July 14th for cardholders and then the public sale begins July 22nd. The final day of the sale is August 7th and then prices go up on August 8th!
Good luck everyone! I will be going through my closet and Atlas's closet this week, getting rid of old things and deciding what we need and/or want for Fall! I am also excited to share my top picks from the sale with you guys over the next few weeks on the blog. Have a great week everyone and happy Monday!
Until our next adventure,
Shop The Post
More Fashion Posts