My Daily Skincare Routine + 5 Tips When Using A Clarisonic Mia
Hi everyone! If you are planning on shopping the last days of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale this weekend you will want to check out the Clarisonic cleaning devises on huge sale! I most recently started using the Clarisonic Mia and it has changed the way I think about caring for my skin. To be honest with you I am not very good at caring for my skin the way I should, but as I get older I am trying to change that bad habit of mine. Ever since I was a teenager I have always had bad skin. I suffered with acne in high school and today I have scars left over from my acne that I am now self conscious of as an adult. I don't break out nearly as much as I used too, but on days I don't care for my skin properly I can definitely tell the difference. For my birthday this year I asked my husband for the Clarisonic Mia after reading a review on Julie Engle's Gal Meets Glam Blog. After reading Julie's Blog, which if you have never read her blog you are missing out, I learned that using only your hands to wash your face is not enough. Once I thought about that concept it really made since to me. Your hands are a soft surface and do not get into the small crevasses of your facial pores. Clarisonic's research found that washing your face with a Clarisonic facial cleaner leaves your face 6 times cleaner than skin washed with hands alone. That is incredible to me!
I have been using my Mia for over 6 months, and can honestly tell you that I have fewer breakouts when I use my Mia daily, and my skin is left feeling softer and more refreshed. Lucky for you the Clarisonic Mia is currently on sale during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale which ends this Sunday August 7th! My husband purchased mine at full price at a whopping $129.00, but you can get one for only $89.00 if you purchase it before Sunday at the #NSALE. It also comes in some fun colors including light pink, lavender, blue and a bright pink. I had originally wanted it in a light pink color, but I think my hubby missed that memo! I still love my white one though and it has been one of the best investments I have made.
If you do end up purchasing a 'Mia' or a 'Mia Fit' here are 5 tips from me for getting the best results.
1. Use Daily- If I skip a day in between I can tell a difference immediately. I am pretty lazy when it comes to skin care or any beauty regime really, and so to help with this practice I keep my Mia in a basket on a shelf that is within arms reach from the shower. I then use my Mia while I am in the shower and it's a piece of cake! I take showers at night so this practice works best for me. If you take showers in the morning, the most important thing is that you wash your face at night with the Mia after taking off all of your makeup. The Clarisonic facial cleansers are extremely gentle so you can use it twice a day if you'd like.
2. Find a facial cleanser you love and stick with it- When you purchase a Clarisonic Mia it comes with a Clarisonic facial cleanser for you to try. I liked the cleanser okay, but I prefer to use Neutrogena's Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. I love this stuff, and as you can probably tell in my pictures it is time for me to get a new one. I love the creamer texture of this cleanser and I love the refreshing tingle it gives me when I wash my face. It also doubles as a mask which is perfect for lazy beauty regimen women like me!
3. Change your brush heads regularly- It is important to change your brush heads every 3 to 4 months as the brush head becomes less effective. If you have the budget it would be a good idea to go ahead and purchase some extra brush heads and Nordstrom has those on sale as well. You can get a (set of 4) currently on sale for $74.00.
4. Don't forget to pack your Mia when you Travel- Like I said, if I go a couple days or even a day without using my Mia, I can almost instantly tell a difference in my skin. I can pack my Mia for travel easily, but it does take up most of the space in my make up bag. If you prefer to travel light, Clarisonic also makes a Mia Fit which is also on sale and is travel size and super cute. It is currently on sale for $153 and is originally $219.00.
5. Don't Share With Your Hubby- My husband has even noticed a difference and wants to use my Mia now as well. I've told him he can't use mine unless he changes the brush head, because using the same brush head for cleaning your skin is like using the same toothbrush. Ewwy! You risk transferring bacteria from one person to another and is not smart when trying to keep your skin clear. Clarisonic does however make a cleansing system customized for the guys in our life, and you can find it here on sale for $153.00.
That completes my daily skincare routine and my review of the Clarisonic Mia! I hope you ladies get a chance to check it out. My Mia has changed the way I think about caring for my skin and I have learned that it starts with cleaning your face as best you can! Take advantage of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale while you can and you can shop my favorite skincare cleaning products below. Have a great day everyone!
Until our next adventure,
A Titan's Mother